All brands of sewing machines are welcome! A BERNINA sewing machine may be rented for a $7.50 rental fee (plus tax) per class/per day which includes basic and specialty presser feet. Please inform the front desk at time of class sign-up if you will need a sewing machine for your class. Rentals are not available for Mastery Classes.
Basic Class Supplies Needed
• Quality Sewing Thread such as Aurifil
• Medium size cutting mat (18”x24”)
• Rotary cutter
• Favorite quilting ruler for cutting strips (at least 6” x 18”)
• Seam ripper, pins, scissors, etc.
• All class attendees must have a legal copy of the class pattern/book (if required) to participate.
o Absolutely no photocopies allowed in class and no sharing of patterns or books.
• A class supply list will be supplied to you at time of class enrollment.
• A class supply discount will be offered on listed supplies the day you enroll only (not on class day).
• All class participants are asked to purchase supplies PRIOR to class to avoid disruption of class time
o Exception: Beginning Quilting students will get supplies during 1st class
Class sign-ups for the current class schedule begin on the scheduled Class Discount Day. No sign ups will be accepted before this date. However, sign-ups for classes with special guest teachers, BOM’s, and most other special events are open anytime.
• The Class Fee must be collected when you sign up for the class to guarantee your seat.
• Due to popularity of classes and in fairness, Quiltique will not “hold” a seat for you without payment.
• There are no Class Fee refunds – only Class Fee store credit.
• If you must cancel a class, you will receive a credit in the amount of the class to be used later towards another Class Fee only. Your credit is good for 6 months from date of cancellation.
• If you cancel the day of class or “no-show” - No credit will be issued regardless of reason.
• BEGINNING QUILTING – If you miss the first class of Beginning Quilting, you cannot continue the remaining sessions. You will forfeit $25 and be given a $85 credit good toward any other class fee.
• A minimum of 1 student is required for class. If this requirement is not met within 14 days of class date, the class will be cancelled.
• Quiltique reserves the right to cancel classes for any reason. If this happens, you will be refunded your full class fee and/or supplies.
• Please BE ON TIME in consideration of the teacher and other students
• Please silence cellular phones. If a call is necessary, please leave the room to complete the call.
• Please DO NOT WEAR PERFUME to class due to allergies of others.
• Children or pets are not permitted in class for any reason.
• Students must be at least 16 years old. Students between the ages of 10-15 may attend class only with parental supervision. A waiver of liability must be signed.
SPECIAL EVENT CLASSES (NATIONAL TEACHERS)
• Full payment for Special Events/National Teachers is due at time of sign up
• There are NO REFUNDS within 30 days of class date
o You may send a friend in your spot.
o Quiltique will make efforts to fill you spot. If we are successful, you will receive a refund for your class fee.